It’s quite important to have little insight about that country’s visa procedure which you are going to visit. For a visa to Nepal, you can grab it from the nearest respective Embassy of Nepal and also from Diplomatic Missions. In addition to that, it can also be obtained from Arrival Section at Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu.
And in case of border entry points, one can get it from Nepalgunj, Kaakadbhitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa (Sunauli), Gaddhachoki on Nepal- India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border.
Note: For the renewal of VISA, you can visit the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
Requirements for Visa:
1. Valid Passport
2. One Passport- sized photo.
3. Payment should be done only in cash.
4. Valid currency for visa payment are:
a. US Dollar
b. Australian Dollar
c. Canadian Dollar
d. Hong Kong Dollar
e. Japanese Yen
i. Pound Sterling
5. Credit Cards, Indian and Nepalese currency will be invalid.
Some Visa types:
1. Tourist Visa
Visa Facility Duration Fee
Multiple entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
(Table credit: Welcome Nepal)
2. Free Visa (Gratis)
As there is open border between Nepal and India, Indian nationalities do not require visa permission for Nepal.
For nationals from South Asian nations free visa for 30 days will be granted for first visit during one visa year (from Jan to Dec) which can be extended if needed from Department of Immigration.
3. Visa for Indian Nationals
As mentioned earlier generally to enter Nepal, Indians do not need visa. But if he/she is traveling via air than as per Nepal Immigration they should have either a valid passport or Election Commission Card.
4. Visa extension for Nepal:
In a visa year, a tourist can stay for a maximum of 150 days.
For detailed information: We humbly request to check out the official web page of Nepal Immigration. (http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np)
For further details:
Contact: Department of Immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu
Telephone: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019