“Tourist Police for Tourists’ safety”
To assure a safe and pleasant stay to all Tourists in Nepal.
- Tourist Police has an objective of preventing harassment, mistreatment and criminal activities against tourists.
- Tourist Police Nepal assures a pleasant and a memorable stay in Nepal including advising and assisting tourist in safety and security in tourism issues.
- Tourist police serves for safer destination Nepal.
- Tourist Police are friends of Tourists.
Tourist Police Nepal was established in 26th January 1979 AD as a special unit of Nepal Police working under Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Department of Tourism. Tourist Police today has the strength of 239 Officers working under the Supervision of Deputy Superintendent of Police and has 28 units spread throughout the country including 10 units inside the Kathmandu valley and 18 units outside the valley in 12 different districts. The Central Office is located inside the premises of Tourist Service Centre, Bhrikutimandap Kathmandu, Nepal. Since its inception, the tourist police has been actively facilitating tourists and delivering security services. Tourist Police is motivated by appreciations and receiving ample encouraging feedbacks by concerned agencies and tourists on service delivery. Tourist police is skilled to extend better and efficient services to the tourists with its motto- “Tourist police for tourists’ safety”.
- To register complaints, conduct preliminary investigation and recommend immediate action in order to assist in recovery of lost goods and documents of the tourists and provide Police Report in case of lost documents.
- To be available 24/7 inside Kathmandu valley and Pokhara city to ensure the safety of the Tourists.
- To ensure a hassle free tour for the tourists.
- To mobilize optimally in the Touristic destinations for Safety and Security of Tourists.
- To coordinate promptly and effectively with relevant agencies during rescue procedure.
- To provide relevant and necessary information regarding safety and security of the Tourist.
- To coordinate with the related Embassies, Consulates, Stake holders and the family members when Tourists are in various problem such as serious illness, mental problems, becomes victim of natural calamities etc.
- To conduct ‘Mobile Public Awareness Program” in the Touristic hubs to give additional information regarding safety measures, crimes against tourists and potential crimes by tourists within Nepal.
- To conduct different interaction program with all Tourism concerning agencies to enhance the safety and security of the Tourists.
- To patrol and maintain regular vigilance at the Touristic Destinations to prevent harassment, mistreatment and exploitation of the Tourists.
- To organize training programs in collaboration with various embassies to strengthen different foreign language skill of Tourist Police Personnel.
Work in progress:
- Extensions of Tourist Police units in other popular touristic destinations.
- Tourist Police Unit jointly in collaboration with other stake holders is aiming towards seasonal patrol in trekking route in remote corners.
- Management of safe house in order to provide temporary settlement for helpless tourists.
Important Points for Tourist Safety:
- Respect the law of the land, local customs, religion and cultural norms and values.
- Be sure to obtain all the necessary information before using their services to avoid the subsequent problems
- Avail the services of government registered travel, trekking, Hotels, lodges and other agencies only
- Use tourist based authorized vehicle and always note the vehicle number.
- Always carry certified copies of your documents and make sure safety of original copies.
- Exchange foreign currencies only at Government authorized financial institutions.
We are available at:
- Kathmandu District
- Tourist Police Bhrikutimandap (Head Office)
- Tourist Police Thamel
- Tourist Police Basantapur
- Tourist Police Pashupati
- Tourist Police Swoyambhu
- Tourist Police Airport
- Tourist Police Bouddha
- Lalitpur District
- Tourist Police Mangal Bazar, Patan
- Bhaktapur District
- Tourist Police Bhaktapur
- Tourist Police Nagarkot
No. 1 State
- Tourist Police Kakarvitta Jhapa
- Tourist Police Lukla Solukhumbu
- Tourist Police Janaki Mandir Dhanusha
- Tourist Police Birgunj Parsa
- Tourist Police Sauraha, Chitwan
- Tourist Police Patihani, Chitwan
- Tourist Police Syafrubesi Rasuwa
- Tourist Police Pokhara, Kaski
- Tourist Police Dhampus Kaski
- Tourist Police Ghandruk Kaski
- Tourist Police Birethanti Kaski
- Tourist Police Chame Manang
- Tourist Police Dharapani Manang
- Tourist Police Jomsom Mustang
- Tourist Police Ghorepani Myagdi
- Temporary Tourist Police, Bandipur Tanahun
- Tourist Police Belahiya Rupandehi
- Tourist Police Lumbini Rupandehi
Please keep in your mind
No matter when and where you are,
For any assistance in Nepal
Dial 1144 (Toll Free, Hot line) for Tourist Police.
Dial 100 for Police assistance
Dial 103 for Traffic Police assistance
Tourist Police Nepal
Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu. (Inside the premises of Nepal Tourism Board)
+977-01-4247041, +977-9851289444, 1144 (Toll Free, Hot line)
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019