Tourist Police Nepal, a special force of Nepal Police which was established in 1974 AD and is working under the Ministry of Culture and Tourism with motto “ Tourist police for Tourists’ safety”. The main office is situated at Tourist Service Center, Bhirkutimandap, Kathmandu. Unit works to assure safe and pleasant stay of all tourists visiting Nepal. Moreover, there are two complaints box at Basantapur Durbar Square and Aiport.
These cops are striving twenty-four hours in Kathmandu valley [9units] and 15 units outside the capital for the welfare of foreign visitors by providing information, generating awareness regarding safety and security during the stay of tourists in Nepal. They are currently working in 11 districts among 77 districts.
You can ask for help with Nepalese police and army personnel if needed. We are positive they will assist you. :)
Activities of Tourists’ Police
1. Regular patrolling around tourists-centered areas.
2. Operation at Airport and in Basantapur Durbar Square.
3. Investigation and actions to resolve tourists’ complaints.
4. Assuring hassle-free stay in Nepal.
Tourists' Police offices in Kathmandu Valley
a.Bhrikutimandap (inside the premises of Nepal Tourism Board)
g.Mangal Bazar, Patan
Phone number: 1144 / 014247041
For quick response Dial 1144
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019