Above 2500 meters above the sea-level is generally considered as “ high altitude” where trekkers and hikers may have some breathing problems. Hence we should be more conscious and aware when it comes to Altitude Sickness because it can be “life-threatening”.
Therefore every trekker must have little bit idea of altitude sickness as well as safety measures in Mountains.
Acute Mountain Sickness [AMS]
It is a negative health effect due to high altitude caused by low amount of oxygen.
e. Trouble sleeping
Curing Measures of AMS:
1. Stop going higher instead have a rest and drinks (hot liquids if available).
2. Descend down the way back with a friend if it gets worse.
3. Medicine can be used like Acetazolamide.
i. Ascending gradually without pressure.
ii. Acclimatization must be done.
Iii. Drink plenty of potable water and hot liquids.
For further details, please visit www.himalayanrescue.org.
Himalayan Rescue Association [HRA]
Founded IN 1973, HRA is a non-profit voluntary organization which is working to rescue the trekkers from the Himalayas in case of extremities. It strives to reduce the number of causalities in highlands. Not only that, HRA also runs Medical clinic at Everest Base Camp (5,350m) since 2003 AD.
Himalayan Rescue Association Nepal
Dhobichaur, Lazimpat, Kathmandu
Phone: +977 1 4440292/ 4440293
It is well-known fact that Nepal is a developing country located in the lap of Himalayas. Keeping this fact in mind, a wandering soul who is looking forward to pay a visit to Himalayas is requested to have prior information about Nepal, its people, culture and few festive seasons. Not only that, they are also requested to bring first aid kit by themselves and should be more aware in rustic regions of Nepal. Having this known, we can avoid some categories of mishaps. With our small efforts, we can eliminate much more adversities. And lastly, trekking gears, agencies, valid SIM card, an offline map, travel guide and amazing Nepalese will play the most vital role to make your trip hassle-free and memorable. :)
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019