Pashupatinath which secures its position in the top of UNESCO World Heritage Sites is much more than just a religious temple. To be straightforward, it holds the definition of everything to Hindus. It is a perfect amalgamation of religion, culture, and art. The temple extends across 246 hectors of land in Kathmandu and is spacious with various temples and monuments. Legions of rituals and traditional tasks can be observed every day around the temple premises. This national pride which is a glory of entire Nepal had listed as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site since 1979.
For art historians, this temple is an important religious hub. It welcomes pilgrims all around the globe displaying the wide genres of temples some of which are Dome style, Shikhara style, Pagoda style, and so on. Moreover, one can see statues and sculptures made out of stone, wood, and metal. Doors, windows as well as pillars in and around the temple property are carved and designed with beautiful shapes of God and griffins.
Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) extends from the main temple of Pashupatinath to Guheshwori on both sides of sacred Bagmati river. We can worship and pray in temples like Bhubaneshwar, the Dakshinamurti, Tamreshwor, Panchdewal, Bishwarupa, and others inside Pashupati premises.
As Pashupatinath area is comprised of several temples with statues of various deities installed inside and has its own sets of rituals and ceremonies to be performed on a daily, weekly, monthly as well as annually. On the other side of the river is a small forest named as Bankali, the sanctuary to wildlife like Deer and Monkeys. Sad yet true, one can witness funeral procession of Hindus after the grave as there stands a traditional crematorium along the bank of the Bagmati river.
Not only that Pashupatinath premise is rich in I bio-diversity: culture, vegetation, and water resources. In order to maintain these resources with the initiation of Late King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev in 1996, Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) was established. Nowadays, all these kinds of events are piloted by this administrative body.
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019