Meditation is an extreme form of concentration. It allows your mind to focus on one thing and disconnects you from all worldly things. It is believed that all divine powers live in the heart and meditation is the only route to dive into your deep heart. Though meditation is not an answer to all your problems, it sure results in harmony between body and a soul. To harvest the full benefits of meditation, regular practice is required.
According to sacred texts, Nepal is a place where the Hindu gods and ancient Rishis have been coming to meditate and relax for more than thousands of years. For today’s visitors, there are many opportunities to experience meditation sessions in Nepal. You can join a retreat in a monastery or private center that have enlightened so many or find a peaceful spot near one of the famous holy places like Boudhanath or Swayambhunath.
Nepal Vipassana Centre runs a ten-day course on meditation. A strict regimen is followed here throughout this course. Meditation begins at early 4:30 am, and silence is kept for the entire ten days. To register or pick up a pamphlet on the course, visit the center's Kathmandu office in the courtyard of Jyoti Bhawan, in Kantipath. All courses are funded by donations.
Vipassana was rediscovered by the Buddha more than 2,500 years ago. To see things as they really are is the actual meaning of Vipassana. It is the process of self-purification by self-observation. It starts by observing natural breath as a means to concentrate. With this sharpened awareness, one proceeds to observe the changing nature of the mind and body and experience the universal truth of impermanence.
Vipassana is the ‘art of living’ which frees the individual from all the negativities of the mind, such as greed anger and ignorance. It is a practice which develops creative and positive energy for the betterment of the individual and society. Vipassana Center is located in Budhanilkantha near the entrance to the Shivapuri National Park.
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019