Kirateshwar Mahadev Temple is located between Pashupatinath and Gujeshwori Temple on the west branch of holy Bagmati River. The major highlight here is not just the Kirateshwar temple, but also the full-moon classical music concerts that happen every full-moon night organized by Kirateshwar Sangeet Ashram. This music institution was established in 2048 BS.
The full-moon concert, teaching vocal and musical instruments, competition among students take place in Kirateshwar Mahadev Temple on full-moon day. Once a year, the students of the Kirateshwar Ashram participate in the under-18 music competition in three categories such as Vocals, Instruments, and rhythm. The winner gets cash prize along with one-year scholarship, gets a chance to perform at the full-moon concert. The full moon concert is also a good platform for the learners at the institute to showcase their talent.
Kirateshwar Sangeet Ashram was founded especially for the development of classical music in Nepal. It promotes classical music by different means, among which the full-moon concert plays a vital role. In the last 25 years, the full-moon concert has always continued and it usually takes place from 4 pm to 7 pm. Even when the country was going a tough time and a curfew was imposed in 2006, these classical concerts still took place during the evening time. National and international acclaimed classical musicians are invited to perform here on the full-moon day of every month and this concert is free to everyone.
These concerts are just amazing. They create calm music with classical instruments and vocals. Tabla, flute, harmonium, the Sitar is some of the instruments that are usually played during these concerts. The vivid environment gives a tranquil vibe. The Kirateshwar full-moon concerts are taking Nepali Classical Music to the whole new level. This concert is something you definitely shouldn’t miss in Nepal.
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019