Astrology in Nepal
Consult a prognosticator to have more insights about the position of celestial bodies like stars and your relative locus in the firmament. And if in case there appear issues, then quick fixes are not far either. Nepalese forecaster or Jyotish have been doing it for hundreds of years with a high degree of affirmation.
As specified thousands of years ago, astrology also has its origin in the Vedas, the major source of belief for the Hindus People. Zodiac is called Raashi in the Nepali language. As like the rest of the world, there are 12 Zodiacs[Raashi] : Mesh (Aries), Brish (Taurus), Mithun (Gemini), Karkat (Cancer), Simha (Leo), Kanya (Virgo), Tula (Libra), Brishchik (Scorpio), Dhanu (Sagittarius), Makar (Capricorn), Kumbha (Aquarius) and Meen (Pisces). It’s globally known that Astrology varies with the Zodiac.
When it comes to specific occasions like Marriage ceremony, Upanayana ceremony, home shifting, starting new ventures, working on new businesses and so on have a strong impact on Astrology. When a baby is born in Nepal, the exact time of birth is marked and provided to the astrologer, who according to the status (place and position) of the celestial bodies in the solar system at that specific moment gives a Cheena (horoscope) as an output.
Not only that these fortune tellers are also consulted on a multitude of occasions like rice feeding to a six-months baby, putting sacred thread during Janai Purnima and weddings. All religious festivals, important cultural events Nepal scheduled according to the insights of astrologers’ preferences.
Also during major festivals like Dashain and Tihar astrologers ascertain the auspicious hours (precise time frame) of putting ‘Tika' on the forehead for these festivities to take place. They happen to be the forecaster of the solar and lunar eclipses with their dos and don'ts.
- SOLO TRIP INSIGHT ABOUT NEPAL
- Don't know where to travel this winter? Here are the close destinations nearby Kathmandu to enjoy snowfall this winter.
- Mount With a Motive - Nepal's high Himalayas standing tall and firm on a mission to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Nepal: Up and Away!
- Nepal Tourism Year: Visit Nepal 2020 - Be a part of it.
- Fake Rescue in the Himalayas of Nepal: Multi-Million-Dollar Insurance Fraud Scam
- Mystical Mardi Base Camp Trek – Mini break in the proximity of Annapurna region of Nepal
- Nepal’s High Himalayas and Mountain Tourism
- Top 15 Holy places of Nepal; Must-visit religious sites for #visitNepal2020
- Trekking to Everest region starts with the change in Flights to Lukla for 2019